Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe calls for using this sauce/marinate on soba noodles, but you can use it on all types of noodles. You can also marinate the shrimp in a bit of this sauce for 10 minutes and quickly sauté the shrimp, or grill on skewers.
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 -3 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package soba noodles (I think that's how many ounces are in the package!)
- Put all those ingredients in a blender and slowly drizzle in 1/3 cup of olive oil and blend! Recipe easily doubles and can be refrigerated for a day or so.
- Note: The pesto will be very thin in consistency.
I love the combination of these flavors, I did, however, find the sauce overwhelming. Next time I will do as you suggested and use the sauce as a marinade for shrimp, fish, or chicken then toss it with the soba noodles. My 18month old really liked these noodles he ate a small bowl. A couple minor things, you might want to edit the directions, they suggest that you put the noodles in the blender and you might want to add the 1/3 of a cup of olive oil to the list of ingredients. Thanks for sharing.