1/2 Photos of Cilantro Pesto Grilled Shrimp
Shrimp gets the Tex-Mex treatment. Taken from Sheila Lukins "USA Cookbook." These are very addicting, and the cilantro adds an unexpected dash of heat! Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled,deveined,tails left on (about 36)
San Antonio Cilantro Pesto
- 1Place the shrimp in a bowl, and toss them with 6 tablespoons of the pesto.
- 2Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat a grill to high heat, or preheat the broiler.
- 4Thread the shrimp crosswise onto long metal skewers, about five to six to a skewer.
- 5Grill or broil the skewers in batches, 3 inches from the coals or heating element, for 3 minutes per side.
- 6Remove the shrimp from the skewers and place them in bowl.
- 7Toss with the remaining 6 tablespoons pesto, and serve immediately.
- 8For Pesto: Place the cilantro leaves in the bowl of a food processor and pulse the machine on and off until the leaves are coarsley chopped.
- 9Add the pine nuts, garlic, cumin, and salt and pepper and pulse the machine on and off until the mixture is well chopped but not pureed.
- 10With the machine rumming, slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the feed tube and process until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- 11Transfer to a glass jar with a lid and refrigerate covered, up to 3 days.
- 12Makes about 3/4 cup.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Pesto Grilled Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.1
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 172.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 23.6 g