Recipe by rainna
Great with any kind of pasta, garnished with some grilled asparagus. The cilantro adds a wonderful flavour and aroma to the dish. Can be kept up to a week in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Frazzled Mom
This a terrific sauce to have on hand! I used it on a homemade pizza, then some more oon an italian sub. Added a fabulous kick to both! My husband loves cilantro; I am trying it on my huevos rancheros next!
- 1 ounce mild green chili
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces cilantro, coarsely chopped with some stems
- 1 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor and set on pulse for about five seconds.
- Add half of the chopped cilantro, and blend for few seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender bowl and add the other half.
- Turn the food processor on, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil from the top.
- Blend well until the mixture becomes a thick paste.