Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pesto has a rougher, drier consistency than traditional pesto. For a more saucy version, just add more olive oil. Try this on grilled meats, chicken, fish or veggies.
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 0.25 (1 ounce) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted (also called pepitas)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Pulse first 6 ingredients in a food processor 10 times or just until chopped.
- Drizzle olive oil over mixture, and pulse 6 more times or until a coarse mixture forms. Cover and chill until ready to serve.