Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
There's a ton of recipes out there similar to this one, and I've tried many of them. This is my own adaptation using a combination of cilantro and parsley. Toasting the pine nuts is crucial for enhanced flavor. Make a day ahead to let the flavors intensify. This is an amazing condiment to grilled fish, seafood and chicken. It's also great as a sauce mixed in pasta.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cilantro or 10 fresh cilantro stems
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh parsley or 10 parsley sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon water (optional)
- Place first 8 ingredients in a food processor.
- With processor running, slowly add olive oil.
- Add water if mixture is not smooth. Should have peanut butter-type consistency.
- Serve at room temperature.