Recipe by Mystel
I got this recipe from About.com and thought it should be listed in this database. It's inexpensive, tastes fantastic and is low-fat to boot!
Top Review by SouthernMyst
This was fabulous! We had it without the beef this time as I just wanted a side dish. It was really flavorful and easy - we'll be making this again and again! Thanks, Mystel.
- 709.77 ml beef broth
- 354.88 ml uncooked orzo pasta (9 oz)
- 340.19 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 9.85 ml olive oil or 9.85 ml vegetble oil
- 226.79 g extra lean beef, cut into strips
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour broth, orzo, corn and chilies in a 2-quart pan. Heat to a boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes; remove from heat. Let stand about 5 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef and bell pepper for about 5 minutes, until beef is brown.
- Stir beef and bell pepper into the pasta mixture and add cilantro.