1/1 Photo of Cilantro Orzo and Beef
I got this recipe from About.com and thought it should be listed in this database. It's inexpensive, tastes fantastic and is low-fat to boot!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta (9 oz)
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons vegetble oil
- 1/2 lb extra lean beef, cut into strips
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Pour broth, orzo, corn and chilies in a 2-quart pan. Heat to a boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes; remove from heat. Let stand about 5 minutes.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef and bell pepper for about 5 minutes, until beef is brown.
- 3Stir beef and bell pepper into the pasta mixture and add cilantro.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Orzo and Beef
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.0
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 641.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
extra lean beef