I got this recipe from About.com and thought it should be listed in this database. It's inexpensive, tastes fantastic and is low-fat to boot!
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked orzo pasta (9 oz)
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons vegetble oil
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean beef, cut into strips
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Pour broth, orzo, corn and chilies in a 2-quart pan. Heat to a boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes; remove from heat. Let stand about 5 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef and bell pepper for about 5 minutes, until beef is brown.
- Stir beef and bell pepper into the pasta mixture and add cilantro.