Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Food & Wine. Feb 1998.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan, boil the orange juice over moderately high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 8 minutes.
- Let cool, then transfer to a blender.
- Meanwhile, in a small dry skillet, toast the cumin seeds over moderate heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Grind the cumin in a mortar or spice grinder.
- Add the cumin to the blender along with the cilantro and lemon juice and blend until smooth.
- With the blender on, add the canola oil in a thin, steady stream. Season with salt and cayenne.