Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons miso, light colored
- 1 tablespoon oil, olive
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- Chop cilantro in a processor until well chopped.
- Add the lime juice, miso, olive oil, pepper and mirin.
- Process until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides as required.
- Will keep a short period if refrigerated.
- Serve with grilled beef, pork or fish; also over hearty salads.
- Substitute:Fresh coriander leaves for cilantro.
- Japanese soybean paste for Miso.
- Sweet rice wine for Mirin.
Cilantro and Miso do work together!! I made this and actually heated it up and used it as a sauce on a vegitarian "meat" loaf. I used recipe 88753 Cottage Cheese Roast. It was just delicious!! Thanks Julesong.
I would give this 6 stars if I could. Great served over a very rare pan-seared tuna steak.