Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Look no further! Guests will gather around these jazzed shrimp.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 lbs large shrimp, with tails shelled devained and cooked
- 1 medium avocado, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium mango, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup small fresh strawberries, halved
- fresh cilantro stem
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonmetal bowl, combine vinegar, oil, honey, lemon juice and salt; mix well. Stir in chopped cilantro. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to marinate.
- 2. To serve, remove shrimp from marinade; reserve marinade. Arrange shrimp on large platter. Add avocado, mango and strawberries to marinade; toss to coat. Surround shrimp with avocado, mango and strawberries. Drizzle some of the reserved marinade over top; discard remaining marinade. Garnish with cilantro sprigs. Serve with decorative toothpicks or cocktail forks.