Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Continental Divide in Charlottesville, VA Found on http://www.chowhound.com/topics/347039
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, they use key lime
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed, coarsely chopped (leave in some seeds if heat is desired)
- 1 small garlic clove, halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon honey
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Put everything but the cilantro into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Stir in the cilantro, then taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Shake before serving.
What a wonderful vinaigrette, I tried it out over the weekend and everyone loved it. I grow my own cilantro in my back yard, so I like to use it in just about every- thing. Thankyou for posting this lovely vinaigrette.