Recipe by Tinamama
Oh my gosh these are SOOOO good!! My family can't get enough of these tacos! A little bit of extra work, preparing the beef, but soooo worth it! These are the best tacos in the world, I swear! :) We usually don't use the lettuce leaves, but just do soft or crunchy taco shells...but its still really good!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
You aren't kidding, Tinamama! These tacos were a total hit! I didn't have flank steak, but I had fajita strips, so I marinated those instead of whole steaks. Other than that, I followed the recipe, including using the George Foreman grill. I had made a joke to DH, who was headed out with our toddler to play mini-golf and pick up the tomatoes for this recipe, that the recipe also calls for a GF grill. LOL Well, they surprised me when they came home with one from the store! It was PERFECT for this recipe! I literally had dinner on the table in 10 minutes! While the meat was cooking (two batches at 5 minutes each), I prepared the romaine and tomatoes. I used the romaine for a deliciously gluten-free meal and DH used flour tortillas. We both were in love with the flavor of this recipe, especially the squeeze of lime on top. That's a must! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, Tina! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2011 Pick-A-Chef. You've been adopted! http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=352458&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 680.38 g flank steaks
- 2 limes, cut in wedges
- 2 limes, juice of
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 29.58 ml onions, chopped
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves (whole, washed and dried)
- 473.18 ml lettuce, chopped (use remaining Romaine)
- 473.18 ml low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml diced tomato
- salsa, your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare marinade for steak by using the juice from 2 limes, salt, pepper, cilantro and chopped onion.
- Place all these in a plastic zip top style bag along with flank steak. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill, bbq, George Foreman or oven broiler.
- Grill steaks over coals for about 4-6 minutes per side. Let it rest a few minutes before cutting steak into slices about 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
- Cut remaining limes in half.
- Using the Romaine lettuce leaves, fill with the remaining shredded Romain lettuce, tomatoes, steak strips, cheese and salsa.
- Squeeze juice of half a lime over each wrap, wrap it up and enjoy!