Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 dried chipotle chiles or 1⁄2 teaspoon canned chipotle chile puree
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped (or one can chopped tomatoes undrained)
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cut in 3/4
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, tied with string
- 1 cup corn (fresh if possible, otherwise frozen)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- to taste sour cream, garnish
- to taste tortilla chip strips, baked
- Heat broth in medium pot. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, tomatoes, bunch cilantro and chile. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer until cooked (about 10 minutes). Discard bunch cilantro.
- Add corn and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro and lime juice. Garnish with sour cream and baked tortilla strips (cut corn tortillas in strips, spray with cooking spray, bake in 350 degree oven until crisp).
Great recipe Dancer. The only thing I did different was to saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil before adding the broth and stuff. This soup has some heat to it but it is not over powering. I used one canned chipotle chile that I minced and lots of fresh cilantro. Delicious!
This is yummy! I am lazy, so I just dumped everything all at once in a crockpot, and added a can of drained black beans. The broth wasn't very pretty, but it was extremely tasty. thanks for the recipe!
This soup is good. My husband loved it, and my kids ate it. My changes were to add some left over cilantro lime rice. I also left out the tomatoes since I didn't have any. It was even better on the second day.