Top Review by Babs in Toyland
Great recipe Dancer. The only thing I did different was to saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil before adding the broth and stuff. This soup has some heat to it but it is not over powering. I used one canned chipotle chile that I minced and lots of fresh cilantro. Delicious!
- 1 dried chipotle chiles or 1⁄2 teaspoon canned chipotle chile puree
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped (or one can chopped tomatoes undrained)
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cut in 3/4
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, tied with string
- 1 cup corn (fresh if possible, otherwise frozen)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- to taste sour cream, garnish
- to taste tortilla chip strips, baked
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth in medium pot. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, tomatoes, bunch cilantro and chile. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer until cooked (about 10 minutes). Discard bunch cilantro.
- Add corn and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro and lime juice. Garnish with sour cream and baked tortilla strips (cut corn tortillas in strips, spray with cooking spray, bake in 350 degree oven until crisp).