Recipe by Galley Wench
So simple, yet so tasty! Found this recipe in The Gourmet Cookbook. Serve as an appetizer or use the jumbo shrimp and serve as the entree!. A refreshing balance of hot and sour!
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced and mashed
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (20-24 to the pound)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together garlic and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Whisk together garlic paste, lime juice, marmalade, cilantro, 3 tablespoons oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Transfer 1/3 of mixture to small serving bowl and reserve for dipping sauce.
- Combine shrimp with remaining mixture in a large sealable plastic bag and seal bag, pressing out excess air.
- Marinate shrimp, refrigerated, turning bag once, for 15 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and gently pat dry.
- Shrimp can be cooked on the girll or. . .
- Pan Fried:
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over moderately high heat.
- Add half of shrimp and cook, turning occasisionly until shrimp is cooked through, about 3 minutes total.
- Tranfer to a platter and cook the remaining shrimp in 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with dipping sauce.