1/3 Photos of Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Galley Wench's Note:
So simple, yet so tasty! Found this recipe in The Gourmet Cookbook. Serve as an appetizer or use the jumbo shrimp and serve as the entree!. A refreshing balance of hot and sour!
My Private Note
hors d' ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced and mashed
- 1 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (20-24 to the pound)
- 1Mix together garlic and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 2Whisk together garlic paste, lime juice, marmalade, cilantro, 3 tablespoons oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 3Transfer 1/3 of mixture to small serving bowl and reserve for dipping sauce.
- 4Combine shrimp with remaining mixture in a large sealable plastic bag and seal bag, pressing out excess air.
- 5Marinate shrimp, refrigerated, turning bag once, for 15 minutes.
- 6Drain shrimp and gently pat dry.
- 7Shrimp can be cooked on the girll or. . .
- 8Pan Fried:
- 9Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over moderately high heat.
- 10Add half of shrimp and cook, turning occasisionly until shrimp is cooked through, about 3 minutes total.
- 11Tranfer to a platter and cook the remaining shrimp in 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil.
- 12Garnish with cilantro and serve with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 312.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g