Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a rice recipe that goes great with a fresh mex meal. We moved from Utah and missed our local fresh mex resturant (Cafe Rio). Try it with the Sweet Pork recipe. We like to buy the raw tortillas at Costco and make pork, rice, and bean burritos.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 large limes or 1⁄4 cup lime juice, for more lime flavor
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
- Chop onion and garlic small. In a food processor, chop cilantro (I remove stems). Set aside.
- In a 4 cup measurer squeeze lime so that all of the juice is extracted. Fill the container with water until it equals 4 cups. (you only want 4 cups liquid total). Place liquid in a sauce pan, add boulion and bring to a boil.
- When liquid comes to a boil, add onion, cilantro and rice. Cover and cook 20 minutes, or as long as instructed on the rice package.
- If you can't find a large lime you may want to do 1 1/2 limes. I tried 2 limes and it was too much.
Followed recipe as written, turned out great. Friends from Mexico loved it...
I used brown rice and adjusted the water and cooking time (5 cups water, 2 cups rice, 45 min) and it came out awesome. I made it as a side with churrasco steak with chimichurri. I think it would go well with any pork dish as well.