1/3 Photos of Cilantro Lime Rice
This is a rice recipe that goes great with a fresh mex meal. We moved from Utah and missed our local fresh mex resturant (Cafe Rio). Try it with the Sweet Pork recipe. We like to buy the raw tortillas at Costco and make pork, rice, and bean burritos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop onion and garlic small. In a food processor, chop cilantro (I remove stems). Set aside.
- 2In a 4 cup measurer squeeze lime so that all of the juice is extracted. Fill the container with water until it equals 4 cups. (you only want 4 cups liquid total). Place liquid in a sauce pan, add boulion and bring to a boil.
- 3When liquid comes to a boil, add onion, cilantro and rice. Cover and cook 20 minutes, or as long as instructed on the rice package.
- 4If you can't find a large lime you may want to do 1 1/2 limes. I tried 2 limes and it was too much.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Lime Rice
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g