- 1 cup broth
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, saute the shallot and garlic in a little bit of olive oil until translucent.
- Add the quinoa and broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes until broth is absorbed. Stir in pepper to taste, lime juice, butter, and cilantro.
- Add the beans to the quinoa and stir until heated through.