Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
made this up myself. Delicious in burritos!
Make and share this Cilantro Lime Quinoa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup broth
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- In a saucepan, saute the shallot and garlic in a little bit of olive oil until translucent.
- Add the quinoa and broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes until broth is absorbed. Stir in pepper to taste, lime juice, butter, and cilantro.
- Add the beans to the quinoa and stir until heated through.
Very tasty. Next time I'll add a little more heat. Made for CG 14.
I'm already a quinoa fan. This was fabulous and it's own and I think a great "staple" to have made up in the fridge to eat on it's own or as an addition to fish tacos, or to other latin flavored salads! Thanks sofie!!!! made for Culinary Quest 2014 Int'l Agents of Quest.
Easy, quick, and delicious! This made four servings for us when paired with some salad and fruit. Thanks for sharing! Culinary Quest '14