Recipe by Mom2Rose
Bring authentic Mexican flavors home with seasoned pork wrapped in cheesy tortillas. Source: Pillsbury.com
Top Review by Mom in Colorado
I was surprised to find my recipe here. Glad you are enjoying it. http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/cilantro-lime-pork-roll-ups-with-caramelized-onions/f2219537-78e8-477f-bd0a-df1eea226183/
- 9.85 ml lime zest
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 73.94 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 453.59 g can fat-free refried beans
- 326.01 g package flour tortillas (8 burrito-sized tortillas)
- 473.18 ml finely shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (8 oz) or 473.18 ml monterey jack cheese (8 oz)
- 236.59-354.88 ml salsa
- 226.79 g container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix lime peel, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat with lime mixture.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours to marinate.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
- Add onions; cook 7 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions turn golden brown.
- Remove onions from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Remove pork from marinade; drain pork on paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Discard marinade.
- In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add pork; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Remove skillet from heat; set aside.
- Brush 1 tablespoon oil on bottom and sides of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish or 2 (8-inch square) glass baking dishes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, place refried beans.
- Cover with microwavable paper towel; microwave on High about 1 minute or until warm.
- To assemble, spoon 2 tablespoons beans down center of each tortilla.
- Top with pork, onions and cheese.
- Roll up tortillas; place seam sides down in baking dish.
- Lightly brush remaining 1 tablespoon oil over tortillas.
- Bake uncovered 18 to 24 minutes or until edges of tortillas are golden brown.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.