1/1 Photo of Cilantro Lime Pork Roll Ups With Caramelized Onions
2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Bring authentic Mexican flavors home with seasoned pork wrapped in cheesy tortillas. Source: Pillsbury.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package flour tortillas (8 burrito-sized tortillas)
- 2 cups finely shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (8 oz) or 2 cups monterey jack cheese (8 oz)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix lime peel, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- 2Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat with lime mixture.
- 3Refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours to marinate.
- 4In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
- 5Add onions; cook 7 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions turn golden brown.
- 6Remove onions from skillet; keep warm.
- 7Heat oven to 375°F
- 8Remove pork from marinade; drain pork on paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- 9Discard marinade.
- 10In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
- 11Add pork; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- 12Remove skillet from heat; set aside.
- 13Brush 1 tablespoon oil on bottom and sides of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish or 2 (8-inch square) glass baking dishes.
- 14In medium microwavable bowl, place refried beans.
- 15Cover with microwavable paper towel; microwave on High about 1 minute or until warm.
- 16To assemble, spoon 2 tablespoons beans down center of each tortilla.
- 17Top with pork, onions and cheese.
- 18Roll up tortillas; place seam sides down in baking dish.
- 19Lightly brush remaining 1 tablespoon oil over tortillas.
- 20Bake uncovered 18 to 24 minutes or until edges of tortillas are golden brown.
- 21Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Lime Pork Roll Ups With Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.4
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 661.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: