Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fluffy, flavorful rice - not gummy or sticky. So easy and very cheap to prepare. Goes well with any Mexican meal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄8 cup lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- In large wide pan with tight fitting lid, heat oil under medium heat.
- Add onion and sautee for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sautee 30 seconds.
- Add white rice and stir very often for 6-8 minutes (some onions and rice will begin to brown).
- Add chicken bouillon and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn to lowest setting and do not remove lid for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork. Add in lime juice and cilantro.
- Cover (still off heat) and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork again and serve hot.
Easy to prepare & very tasty. I added a half teaspoon of tumeric for a yellow color, but otherwise followed the recipe. I loved the zing from the lime, but it was too much for others. It is pretty strong. I served it alongside quesadillas. Thank you for sharing your recipe!