Fluffy, flavorful rice - not gummy or sticky. So easy and very cheap to prepare. Goes well with any Mexican meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large wide pan with tight fitting lid, heat oil under medium heat.
- 2Add onion and sautee for 3 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and sautee 30 seconds.
- 4Add white rice and stir very often for 6-8 minutes (some onions and rice will begin to brown).
- 5Add chicken bouillon and sautee for 2 minutes.
- 6Add water and bring to a boil.
- 7Cover, turn to lowest setting and do not remove lid for 15 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and fluff with fork. Add in lime juice and cilantro.
- 9Cover (still off heat) and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork again and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Lime Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g