Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this out of Chef's Illustrated a few years ago. A bit different, and very good. I use low-fat products to reduce the fat and calories, and it's still great.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Thaw spinach in microwave for 3 minutes at 40% power.
- Squeeze partially thawed spinach to remove water and break into chunks.
- Put all ingredients in Food processor, and process until smooth.
- Transfer to medium bowl, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- May be covered with plastic wrap and stored up to 2 days.
Wow, Wow and Double Wow! Everyone LOVED this. It was the hit of the Thanksgiving hors d'oerves!