Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spicy, fresh and delicious.
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml salt (or to taste)
- black pepper
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 2 cucumbers, VERY finely sliced
- 59.16 ml minced cilantro (or to taste)
- Dice the jalapeno and garlic and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Use a whisk to incorporate the 3 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
- Finely slice the cucumbers. Use a mandolin if you have it, but a very sharp knife will do the trick. (See photos below.) Add the cucumbers to the dressing and stir together.
- Finely mince the cilantro and add it to the bowl. Stir to combine. You can either let it sit in the fridge to marinate for a couple hours, or serve immediately.
- If you have let it sit in the fridge, let it come to room temp on the counter before serving.