Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This makes EVERYTHING delicious. We eat it on fish (especially salmon), chicken, vegetables, bread...the combination of cool and spicy is great and it's so easy to make
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- Put container of sour cream and good sized bunch of chopped cilantro into blender, add juice of 1 lime.
- Blend until smooth.
- Chop jalapeno, add to blender (depending on how hot you like it).
- Add salt and more lime to taste, blend everything until smooth.
This sauce has such a fresh taste! I used it on salmon on the bbq adding the sauce toward the end of cooking.
Very good recipe. I modified it somewhat to use as a sauce for my fish tacos. After mixing everything, I bring it to taste with a little sugar. For the fish tacos, just take a flour taco shell add some deep fried fish, shredded lettuce, diced onion and this sauce.
I won't rate this, since maybe I did something wrong, given all of the good reviews it's gotten. Maybe I used too much or not enough cilantro. Perhaps the recipe should give a more specific amount, because I followed the recipe exactly as written with no changes whatsoever. Honestly, I don't know why this didn't work, but it was the worst thing I have ever made with cilantro. I was sad that I wasted some of my home grown cilantro on this recipe.