Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
I'm dying for some lime-tinged fajitas about now... Optional toppings include: salsa, guacamole, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions and chopped Serrano chiles.
Top Review by PaulaG
Made this for our Memorial Day cookout. Very yummy! I used 4 large chicken breasts. The peppers were green and red. A beautiful, colorlful dish served with yellow rice, guacamole and corn tortllas. A definate keeper.
- 1 1⁄4 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- salt and pepper
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 large fresh poblano chiles, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
- 3 large yellow bell peppers, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
- 2 red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Puree first 5 ingredients in processor. Season marinade with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breast halves in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour 1/3 cup marinade over; turn to coat. Arrange poblano chiles, bell peppers, and onions on large rimmed baking sheet. Pour ½ cup marinade over; turn to coat. Sprinkle chicken breasts and vegetables with salt and pepper. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Grill vegetables until tender, turning frequently, about 15 minutes for onions and 12 minutes for poblanos and bell peppers. Grill tortillas until charred, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer chicken to work surface; slice crosswise into strips. Fill tortillas with chicken and vegetables; drizzle with reserved marinade. Serve with optional toppings.