Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm dying for some lime-tinged fajitas about now... Optional toppings include: salsa, guacamole, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions and chopped Serrano chiles.
- 1 1⁄4 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- salt and pepper
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 large fresh poblano chiles, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
- 3 large yellow bell peppers, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
- 2 red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Puree first 5 ingredients in processor. Season marinade with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breast halves in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour 1/3 cup marinade over; turn to coat. Arrange poblano chiles, bell peppers, and onions on large rimmed baking sheet. Pour ½ cup marinade over; turn to coat. Sprinkle chicken breasts and vegetables with salt and pepper. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Grill vegetables until tender, turning frequently, about 15 minutes for onions and 12 minutes for poblanos and bell peppers. Grill tortillas until charred, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer chicken to work surface; slice crosswise into strips. Fill tortillas with chicken and vegetables; drizzle with reserved marinade. Serve with optional toppings.
Made this for our Memorial Day cookout. Very yummy! I used 4 large chicken breasts. The peppers were green and red. A beautiful, colorlful dish served with yellow rice, guacamole and corn tortllas. A definate keeper.
made exactly as directed except used boneless chicken thighs. outstanding - this will be my go-to chicken fajita recipe from now on.
The fajitas came out great! My boyfriend and I started to make this recipe, but then we realized that the barbecue was out of gas. We had to do it the skillet way instead. They were incredibly good! The marinade gives the chicken a really good flavor. I also really enjoyed the addition of the poblano chiles; I never used them before, but they were an excellent addition to the usual bell peppers and onions. I will definitely make these fajitas again, and I will do it the barbecue route next time! Thanks for the lovely recipe.