1/2 Photos of Cilantro Lime Chicken
My husband has recently declared my kitchen a cilantro-free zone :( so unfortunately I haven't yet tried this dish, but I am posting it because it sounds good to me and thought it might appeal to others as well. The recipe comes from Ainsley Harriott, a British chef, and he cautions not to marinate the chicken longer than two hours as the lime juice will break down the chicken to the point that it will fall apart. Preparation time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 limes, juice only
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1Make the marinade of garlic, cilantro, ground peppercorns, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce and sunflower oil.
- 2Blend well.
- 3Place chicken breasts with marinade in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag, coating them well, and set in the refrigerator at least 1 hour and no more than 2, turning them from time to time.
- 4Preheat a ridged griddle pan or heavy non-stick frying pan and cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes each side until the chicken is cooked through.
- 5Serve hot or cold, garnished with cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Lime Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 625.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 26.3 g