Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Diabetic Cooking. I haven't made it but it sounds like it would be good chicken meat for fajitas?
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/4 pound each)
- 2 small onions
- 1 large lime
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 -2 small jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar substitute (Splenda)
- Cut each chicken breast into 8 pieces.
- Cut each onion into 8 wedges.
- Remove three strips of peel from the lime with vegetable peeler and cut into very fine shreds.
- Juice lime and set aside 2 tablespoons of juice.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet and add oil to pan.
- Once oil is heated (about 30 seconds) add chicken, jalapeno and gingerroot.
- Stir-fry over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink (about 3-5 minutes).
- Reduce heat and add onions.
- Stir-fry about 5 more minutes.
- Add lime peel, reserved juice and chopped cilantro; stir-fry about 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce and sugar, mixing well until heated through.
It's OK. Not great and not bad. Less flavorful than I expected.
I love this recipe! It's good alone or in a fajita...or with some rice. It' very tasty and easy to make.