Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I don't really remember why I decided this would be good to try. The family loved it so I kept fixing it. I also do these on the grill/smoker sometimes. If using a grill set up for indirect cooking. You could also use lemon, but my DIL seems to love the lime taste.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) chicken
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 bunch cilantro
- kosher salt, to-taste
- ground fresh black pepper, to-taste
- Wash chicken and pat dry (always remember to protect your family from salmonella).
- Place lime quarters in the cavity of the chicken.
- Stuff the remainder of the cavity with cilantro.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350°F according to your favorite chart until juices run clear (depending on weight 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours).
- Serve with American southwest, Mexican, or SE Asian side dishes.
I made mine in the crockpot. I added a 1/2 cup of chicken broth to the crockpot and rubbed the outside of the chicken with butter and Adobo seasoning. I cooked it on high for about 4 hrs. It was delicious. I can't wait to try this on the grill!
We really enjoyed this chicken. We made it exactly as written, except we threw it on the grill for the last few minutes. It has a WONDERFUL flavour!! Obviously if you don't care for lime or cilantro, you shouldn't try it!! I served this with Mexican rice and margaritas....delicious. Thanks for posting!
Not bad. I guess I'm just not much on lime and cilantro.