Recipe by rickscott
I don't really remember why I decided this would be good to try. The family loved it so I kept fixing it. I also do these on the grill/smoker sometimes. If using a grill set up for indirect cooking. You could also use lemon, but my DIL seems to love the lime taste.
Top Review by islandgirl77551
I made mine in the crockpot. I added a 1/2 cup of chicken broth to the crockpot and rubbed the outside of the chicken with butter and Adobo seasoning. I cooked it on high for about 4 hrs. It was delicious. I can't wait to try this on the grill!
- 1 (4 -5 lb) chicken
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 bunch cilantro
- kosher salt, to-taste
- ground fresh black pepper, to-taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken and pat dry (always remember to protect your family from salmonella).
- Place lime quarters in the cavity of the chicken.
- Stuff the remainder of the cavity with cilantro.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350°F according to your favorite chart until juices run clear (depending on weight 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours).
- Serve with American southwest, Mexican, or SE Asian side dishes.