Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty pesto incorporating the flavours of cilantro, lemon & chili. Ideal served stirred into freshly cooked pasta, boiled new potatoes or spooned over freshly cooked fish.
- 5 1⁄2 ounces cilantro
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 1⁄2 ounces pine nuts
- 5 ounces parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients except for the oil and seasoning into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Then with the motor running pour in the olive oil in a slow steady stream so that the sauce emulsifies.
- Taste and season accordingly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.