Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful combination of flavors. This is always a huge hit at parties.
Make and share this Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- In food processor, pulse garlic.
- Add beans, lime juice and salt.
- Slowly add olive oil and blend until thick, 1-2 minute.
- Add cilantro and jalapeno, pulse 10 seconds.
- Transfer to bowl, and chill a few hours to allow flavors to meld.
Changed a few things.... I only used 2 Tablespoons of Light olive oil and added 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of the bean juice (I did not rinse the beans either). I used 3/4 cup or so of pickled Jalapeno slices, added 4 sliced green onions, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, 1/4 cup lime juice & the zest of the lime and a little more Cilantro than called for. I feel 1/2 cup of Olive oil is way to much to add to it... the bean juice from the can worked very well and made a very wonderful Hummus that is a bit healthier! 5 stars & thanks for sharing! :)
A day without hummus is...is...okay. It's okay, but just "okay". Makes sense?
This recipe is delicious! I used about 1/3 cup of olive oil, one BIG jalapeno, and everything else by the recipe. I also put it in the food processor a little longer at the end. Amazing flavor! :)