Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Light healthy slaw to round out another barbeque meal. Has a slight zing to it with the japapeno & lime !! July 2002 Bon Appetit classic.
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (1/2 large head)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Whisk oil, lime juice & cumin to blend; set aside.
- Mix cabbage, bell peppers, cilantro & jalapeno.
- Add dressing to salad mix & toss.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 hours before serving, toss before serving.
Very nice. A light and healthy coleslaw with a bit of kick.