Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Found in a local newspaper. Try with some rice pilaf (Recipe 124730 is a good one), a green salad ( Recipe 140841 is also good), and some garlic bread ( I would suggest recipe 105726). Serve with a cold bottle of your favorite white wine and add special guests. Enjoy!
- 4 (1/2 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, miced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 limes, juice of
- Pound chicken breasts between wax paper enough to flatten.
- Combine oil, lime juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add chicken, coat well and marinate at least 1 hour.
- Grill or broil chicken breasts for about 6 minutes on each side (or until no pink is showing), basting once with left over marinate mixture.
- Preperation time does not include marinate time.
This was a grat recipe. I will make it again. I think I will used a little more fresh cilantro and a litter less balsamic vinager
I marinated for 1.5 hrs. The chicken was very moist. I think next time I'll add more cilantro as I thought its flavor was hidden by the other ingredients. I may also increase the mustard. Overall, a tasty marinade.
I decided late this afternoon to make this chicken dish, so I only marinated the chicken for about 2 1/2 hours. (I usually marinate for 24 hours). I loved the combination of flavours. The balsamic vinegar was not over-powering. I will definately make this again. p.s. my cats couldn't get enough..