Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm serving my Crock-Pot Fiesta Chicken over this tonight. I am attempting a garlicky copycat of Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice, but my mom does not have any limes or Real Lime juice, so I'm having to make do with limemade. I'm not sure how that will turn out, but the Fiesta Chicken will probably be too spicy for DH and maybe the sweetness of the limemade will balance it.
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup limeade (or enough to make 2 cups with the can of broth)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic (I buy the jar.)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried cilantro (or to taste)
- Bring liquids to a boil.
- Stir in rice, garlic, and cilantro. Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand five (5) minutes or until liquids are absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
Oh my! This is soooo good I could eat the whole pot of rice myself. I cooked this in my rice cooker and used regular long grain rice in place of the Minute Rice because that is what my family prefers. Also I am embarrassed to say I misread your recipe when I made my grocery list and I bought fresh limes instead of limeade. I added the juice of one lime and a dash of sugar to the broth as a substitute. I will definitely make this recipe again! Thanks for sharing JanieTeachGal. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 09
Very good! I'm not a real fan of Spanish Rice, so this is a great alternative. I had some minute rice to use up, but I will try it with regular rice next time.
Wonderful and easy to make.