Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt & pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish in a single layer.
- Mix together remaining ingredients Pour over chicken, turning pieces to coat.
- Cover the dish with lid or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place uncovered dish in oven, bake at 350 for 30-45 until tender when pierced with a fork and juices run clear.
- Baste chicken with the pan juices a couple of times while baking.
- Serve the chicken garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
- Equally good cold.
I loved this recipe!! All of the flavors complimented each other, but did not overpower. Each layer of flavor was pleasing, but they were well balanced. I cannot tell you how much we enjoyed our meal. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. It will definately be made again and again.
I loved the combination of flavors in this! Instead of cayenne, I used a finely minced a jalapeno pepper. I also used bone-in skin on breasts and broiled them during the last few minutes of cooking time. I'm looking forward to doing this again with boneless skinless breasts and grilling them. Thank you for sharing this great recipe.
Loved it!! I marinaded overnight and grilled it. Can't wait to make this again. Great cold on salad greens too!!