Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
This is an adopted recipe that I have not yet had the chance to try. I'm not much on cans of sauce (like the Mexican green sauce in the ingredients list) so I'd probably either make my own or experiment with using green salsa instead. I was certainly drawn to the idea of a cilantro dip since I love the stuff so much!
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can Mexican green sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- Cut feta into 1-inch pieces.
- Place in a bowl; add milk.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- (Soaking reduces sodium content.) Drain.
- Process feta cheese, cream cheese, and next 3 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
I didn't soak and drain the feta and I used "Mrs. Renfroe's" Jalepeno green sauce and it gave it a bit of a kick. Easy and delicious !
I have had this dip twice and each time I really enjoy it. It is very easy to make and taste very good with the sea salt bagel chips and a glass of red wine.