Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tangy version of the mother sauce! A subtle smoky-spice flavor with a creamy background. Great served with pasta and my recipe for Now That's a Spicy Meat-A-Ball!! Now That's a Spicy Meat-A-Ball!! ( Meatball ) (featured in pictures, as well) You can sub the half-and-half for more milk if you choose.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, slightly crushed
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and cumin seeds and cook until onions are soft.
- Whisk in flour and cook 3 minutes and flour has turned a lovely shade of gold.
- Do not let it brown.
- Whisk in milk & half-and-half and bring to boil, stirring.
- Add salt and chopped cilantro.
- Reduce heat to low simmer until thick enough to coat back of spoon.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and enjoy!