Recipe by cooking in cairo...
This sauce is AMAZING! Not only is great as a sauce over chicken or enchiladas, its great as a dip for chips too! Amazingly to me it tastes like guacamole even though there is no avocado. I put some serving suggestions at end of recipe that i think would be great too. You have to try it and know that served hot or cold it will be a great hit. Enjoy!
Top Review by Skylar
This is amazing! I added some jalepeno seasoning salt and onion powder, left the lime out. Made the sauce then browned some chicken and poured this over it and let it simmer for about 10 min. Yum!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves (1 big bunch -remove the leaves from stems)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime peel (zest grated from one small lime would do)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced (more if you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more salt and pepper to season to your liking.
- If you let sit in refrigerator it will firm up a bit.
- If you will serve warm, stir in a spoon of fresh cream and just pop in microwave for a few seconds before serving.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS:.
- -Spoon a bit under skin of chicken breast and add some cheese before baking. Then drizzle baked chicken with more of this sauce.
- - Drizzle over any style enchiladas.
- - Serve as dip next to salsa for chips.
- - leftover sauce makes an amazing salad dressing; add some fresh cracked pepper to top of salad, tastes like a Mexican salad.
- - Add to your 7 layered bean dip.
- -Mix in some cheese, green onions and salsa for a zesty dip.