Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Our local television station here in Houston has a segment on Sundays that airs local restaurants and it's recipes. I have been waiting and waiting for this one! This Cilantro Cream Sauce is served over Chicken Enchiladas and they are to die for in my opinion. This cream sauce is absolutely evil :) It's a very very rich sauce and should be avoided by all dieters! I made this and poured it over some chicken enchiladas which came out great but now I'm thinking of a pasta dish and substituting the alfredo sauce with this one. The possiblities are endless with this recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream (Divided)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cilantro
- Place 3 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally to avoid scorching.
- Add the following ingredients and bring it to a boil: Lawry's Seasoned Salt, Salt and Cayenne Pepper.
- In a separate mixing bowl add 1/4 cup of cornstarch and the remaining 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and mix thoroughly with a wire whisk.
- As soon as your mixture begins to boil add the cornstarch/heavy cream mixture and use your whisk to whip until blended well.
- Remove your saucepan from heat.
- Add 1 cup of shredded cilantro and stir until blended.
- Pour over your favorite chicken or seafood enchilada dish or whatever you would like.
I too put it over some chicken enchiladas. Man it was fantastic. This was a very simple recipe to make. I can't wait until summer when all my fresh cilantro starts producing in my herb garden. This will be a great recipe to use it up. I'm always looking for new ways to use up my cilantro.
This is so delicious! I used it as a cream sauce mixed with seafood stock for shrimp and clams over pasta. This is truly a keeper recipe. Thanks so much.
I made this and used it over grilled mahi-mahi and it was superb!