Jeanette G's Note:
Our local television station here in Houston has a segment on Sundays that airs local restaurants and it's recipes. I have been waiting and waiting for this one! This Cilantro Cream Sauce is served over Chicken Enchiladas and they are to die for in my opinion. This cream sauce is absolutely evil :) It's a very very rich sauce and should be avoided by all dieters! I made this and poured it over some chicken enchiladas which came out great but now I'm thinking of a pasta dish and substituting the alfredo sauce with this one. The possiblities are endless with this recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 3 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Stir occasionally to avoid scorching.
- 3Add the following ingredients and bring it to a boil: Lawry's Seasoned Salt, Salt and Cayenne Pepper.
- 4In a separate mixing bowl add 1/4 cup of cornstarch and the remaining 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and mix thoroughly with a wire whisk.
- 5As soon as your mixture begins to boil add the cornstarch/heavy cream mixture and use your whisk to whip until blended well.
- 6Remove your saucepan from heat.
- 7Add 1 cup of shredded cilantro and stir until blended.
- 8Pour over your favorite chicken or seafood enchilada dish or whatever you would like.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 853.2
- Calories from Fat 793
- Total Fat 88.1 g
- Saturated Fat 54.8 g
- Cholesterol 326.0 mg
- Sodium 383.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt