Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a delicious sauce for fish tacos! From Bon Appetit.
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, stems trimmed (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Puree cilantro, creme franche, and lemon juice in blender until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refridgerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refridgerated.).
Never again will I use plain old sour cream on my Mexican dishes! This was simply delicious! I know that the recipe says that the sauce is for fish tacos, but I had some leftover taco meat from last night's dinner, so I used it on ground beef. Thanks for a great idea Bev!
Excellent, Bev. I substituted key lime juice and added just a little zest. Normally I use these ingredients (crema, cilantro, lime) separately, but they make a nice color when blended. I added some whole cilantro leaves as a last-minute garnish. I served it in a cabbage taco sprinkled with red pepper flakes as I didn't have any fish! Normally, I would grill the fish instead of batter frying.
This would be great with just about any mexican or seafood dish! I added salt.