Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my family's favorite recipes!
- 4 (3 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 ounces light cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet, spray with cooking spray. Add the oil: brown chicken on both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- To the skillet, add cream cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Whisk in the milk; stir until well blended.
- Add lime juice and cilantro.
- Return chicken to skillet; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.
This was pretty tasty although not something I would probably make again. My family ate it fine. The recipe does not tell you what to do with the peppers and tells you two different directions for the cilantro which I assume is just a typo. I went ahead and added the chopped pepper to the sauce and used the cilantro as a garnish as that is commonly how it is used. I added 1/4 tsp. of cumin to the sauce as well for a little more flavor. Not bad. Easy to throw together. We ate it with garlic brown rice and peas and corn and salad.
Easy and delicious! We serve it over rice. Excellent! Thank you.