Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love cilantro this unusual slaw recipe will become an instant favorite
- 3 cups green cabbage, very finely shredded
- 3 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup cilantro, minced and firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredient in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Refrigerate?? Who has time to wait for this to refrigerate? It was delicious. I had all the ingredients and promptly went to the kitchen to whip this up. I love cilantro. This was an easy to make, fresh and tasty salad... Lowfat, too!! I added a little apple cider vinegar along with the lime juice.
I made this for my family for Memorial Day for a cookout.We like cilantro a lot but this was over powering,I ended up tossing the entire bowl. Too much of a good thing!!!
I made this slaw as directed, and I have to agree with Ann E. There was much too strong a cilantro flavor for my family. I also like my slaw a little tangier, so I put in a few hearty shakes of vinegar and a couple Tbsp more lime.