Recipe by SMangibin
If you love mint chutney like me, but mint is either hard to find or expensive, this is a great alternative,
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 -2 jalapenos or 1 -2 other pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cilantro and place in blender or food processor. Add juice of the lemon (1 lemon is pretty tart, if you like it with less citrus, only use half a lemon) and all other ingredients. If you want it less spicy remove seeds from peppers.
- Blend until smooth. If using a blender, you might need to add a little water to get it to blend smoothly. Add as little as possible, the water will dilute the flavors and it will come out bland.
- Best served fresh or 1 day later. Store in refrigerator.