Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo sauce (from the canned chiles)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Add all ingredients, except the mayonnaise, to the container of a blender.
- Blend on low speed, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Add mayonnaise.
- Blend on low speed stirring occasionally until mixture is smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until served.
I put my own spin on this recipe, by adding a about a 1/4 c vegetable broth (to thin) and 1 tsp soy sauce to taste. I mixed about a Tbsp of the dressing with prepared chopped chicken breast and added that to a plate greens. I topped it off with some chic peas and a few freshly fried flour tortilla strips. Quick and YUMMY and fairly light.
this was good and i put more than one chipolte so that with the ginger it was HOT!! we love hot it was very good i didnt have enough mayo so i subbed a few Tbs of sour cream. i still think it was a bit too mayonaissy for me. very yummy though, dipped veggies and chips in it. mm thanks