Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another tasty potato recipe. The recipe comes from our local home gardening newsletter.
- 8 -10 small red potatoes, quartered and unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (packed)
- In a medium saucepan cook potatoes in water until tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan melt butter; add garlic, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chili powder, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Lightly brown and serve warm.
Recipe is easy to make.. I liked it but hubby was indifferent (to the point where he said I really didn't have to bother making it again) If not for that, I would've given it 4 stars. I did use more butter and more garlic but otherwise followed the directions to a tee.
This is a great potato recipe and I managed to use some leftover spuds in the dish too. Love the combination of garlic, butter and cilantro.
This is one of my favourite potato recipes. I do season this with 2 tsps. of cumin seeds that I splutter in hot oil alongwith a tsp. of mustard seeds and some fresh curry leaves. Other than that, I do just about what you have here. It's always a success in my home when served with rotis or white Basmati rice and fat-free plain yogurt on the side!!!:)