Recipe by barnybrit
Wanted to create a recipe that would higher my intake of vegetables, have lots of flavour and be good to my fussy DHs' waistline and I came up with this! Add more vegetables too if you like. I love lots of Sauce, so cut down the amount of Sauce if not to your liking. I have this without Rice but, of course, you can!! Hope you like it.
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 medium head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 12 baby french beans, topped and tailed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into large chunks, separated
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 -2 red chile, chopped
- 1 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Par boil the Broccoli, when just tender, remove to a bowl of COLD water. Repeat this with the Beans and Carrot until just Tender and again, cool immediately in COLD water and drain. Set these aside.
- Mix together the Seasoning Sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the Chicken, Ginger and Garlic and mix together.
- In a Wok or large skillet, add the Oil to a high heat. When hot, add the Onions and Peppers. Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Chicken and Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the drained Vegetables to the Pan and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the Seasoning Sauce, chilies and Cilantro and cook for another minute or so.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on it's own or with Rice or Noodles if you prefer.