Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The perfect addition to a summer grill out, different from the usual garlic bread! This bread is knock your socks off delicious. But don't stop at Italian bread. Use in paninis, burgers, pizza, baked on fish, and the list goes on. Adapted from Eat Togather.
- 1 loaf Italian bread (I like whole wheat)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (or grated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a small sauce pan melt butter.
- Remove from heat add in all remaining ingredients (chives, cilantro, garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, chile sauce) except for the cheese. Whisk together until combined.
- Cut loaf of Italian bread in half, spoon sauce over both sides of bread, sprinkle with cheese.
- Toast in a 425*F oven for 10 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Cut into sections and serve.
I don't believe that I would have thought of using chili sauce on bread like this but it sure does work. This is delicious. I used it as part of a quick easy dinner tonight along with Easy Spiced Salmon. Great flavor.