Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
A flavorful chicken dish featuring zucchini Spanish rice. Easy and quick to prepare, this is perfect for busy evenings! Prep time includes marinating time for chicken.
- 5 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast halve, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 zucchini (about 4 cups) or 2 yellow squash, medium, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (5 5/8 ounce) package Spanish rice mix (I use Lipton brand)
- Combine 4 Tablespoons cilantro, 1 Tablespoon olive oil and garlic in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Blend sour cream and remaining 1 Tablespoon cilantro in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, and cook zucchini about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in water and Spanish rice mix, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 7 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes, then stir.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat about 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Arrange chicken on top of or next to rice on serving plates. Serve with sour cream mixture and lime wedges, avocado slices, hot sauce, or whatever you like. Enjoy!