Recipe by threeovens
This recipe comes from the little info card packed with the cilantro. It calls for skin on chicken legs, but you do what you use what you want. It is baked one and a half hours in the oven.
Top Review by Sweet Diva MJ
This chicken is sooooooo yummy!! The whole family responded with a chorus of MMmmmmm's! I used a whole chicken, cut up and skinned. I then dredged each piece with seasoned (salt and pepper) flour before placing it in the pan to help the sauce stick since I skinned the chicken. I peeled the garlic and mixed it in with the other sauce ingredients and baked as instructed. I also seeded the jalapeno out of cosideration for my children, but will try it with the seeds next time for the "kick"! :) Thanks for posting - we really enjoyed it! Made for Went to Market game Feb 2009.
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 6 chicken legs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, whole, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, cilantro and jalapeno in a small bowl.
- Place chicken legs in a single layer in a baking dish; pour mixture over chicken and turn to coat.
- Place garlic cloves between the chicken in the baking dish; add 1/4 cup water and cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook in oven for 1.5 hours; remove foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking to crisp the skin.
- The garlic should have roasted and can be squeezed over the chicken if desired.