Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good for a quick lunch with a fresh taste for cilantro lovers. Pretty and colorful.
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups torn lettuce leaves
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Combine oil, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake well.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with cilantro dressing.
- Toss to coat.
This is wonderful! I like this dressing so much that we are going to try it on a Chef's salad, the kind with ham, turkey, roast beef and cheeses. Thanks for the recipe, Karen! :o)
This is a great recipe to make when you dont want to heat up the house by cooking! Everyone loved this salad - we used more than 4 cups of lettuce for 4 people - and there was certaintly none left!
This recipe could have used a little more flavor. Next time I'll add more cilantro, cumin and red pepper flakes.